For the last couple of years, my life has literally been in limbo, or in a state of stasis, not only due to on-going parental health issues but also because of hold-ups with my regular day-to-day working situation.
To explain more, for ‘several’ months I’ve been going through a recruitment assessment process with the Australian public service, which recently completed -successfully I might add, – only; for a further delay to be instigated, meaning – I’ve not moved any further forward.
These events together with other delaying situations have made me step back and question my life, and it’s mitigating factors. Not only those caused by external forces, but also any steps I’ve; either taken, or not taken, and how they’ve impacted my growth.
Several questions arose. Some of which you may like to ask yourself?
- Am I where I expected to be, at this time of life?
- Am I as financially, emotionally & spiritually successful as I would like?
- Have I allowed outside forces (including individuals) to have power over my life? This includes their viewpoint, or should I say opinion.
- Do I find it easy to be derailed from my path, or life-goals?
- Have I contributed to my own seeming lack of motivation?
- Have I allowed my own inner laziness to take hold? (I’ll admit, I can be lazy, but can’t we all at times?)
- Do I regularly make excuses for the lack of progress in my life? Or….
- Do I subconsciously – perhaps deliberately – look for reasons and excuses, not to progress?
- Why do I allow distractions and interruptions to take precedence?
- Have I become too comfortable with my life?
- Where did my inner risk-taker go?
- Am I frightened of; what achieving my dreams may mean?
- Does the thought of being; successful and happy intimidate me?
- And my own personal; favourite – Am I; my own worst enemy?
As you can imagine, some of my answers brought up issues I’d rather not face, but rather than feel guilty, I’ve just decided, and it’s something I’m going to tell you all…..
It’s Never Too Late, To Start Over.
The good thing about life is; we’re allowed ‘do-overs’. There is no right or wrong way to live your life because it’s exactly that…..Your Life!
‘You’ set the rules!
Bear in mind, I don’t mean “Go out & rob a bank”. Naturally, there are strictures to abide by in society. Can you imagine telling the Judge “Julie, said there are no rules”. I don’t think that’ll work somehow, but I do mean…….
Within the parameters of your ‘own’ life; there really is no set-in-stone guidebook you have to follow. We just make it up as we go along, so…
Live Your Life Your Way, And……Don’t Apologise For It.