I have someone in my inner circle who; has the inability to feel gratitude for anything, this post reminded me that; there is always some worse off, so be thankful for your wonderful life.
How often do you see a Caterpillar crawling through your well-tended plants, and curse it, for the damage it’ll do? Or, have you even ‘disposed’ of it, or been tempted to; in a manner, which wouldn’t be considered humane?
When you see something big, hairy and wiggly crawl across your path, do you immediately consider it a garden pest, or do you look at it; as a creature that will ‘shortly’ transmute into some beautiful? Something striking, that will only add to the beauty of your garden?
We’ve learnt through the years, whether at school or through another means, that a caterpillar will eventually become a butterfly, or a moth, much the same way a tadpole becomes a frog, but; unless we’re spiritually aware, we’d never consider how beneficial; Caterpillar’s appearance could be to our lives.
In Australia, we’re at the tail-end of winter and spring is starting to come into view, flowers are blossoming, and birds are happily courting a mate, so I shouldn’t have been surprised to see caterpillars, of all sizes on a daily basis, cavorting amongst the plants, some days, I’ve even seen 3 or 4. One after the other………it was a revelation though; to see a caterpillar crawl along a spiritual finger – during a meditation – and subsequently clamber onto my shoulder, then sit on his tail (do they have tails?), whilst reaching towards my face.
I figured Spirit had a message for me, that wasn’t divulged at the time, so I did a little research and discovered that Caterpillar is symbolic of:
• Transmutation like a caterpillar, into something beautiful.
• The ability to create a sturdy foundation, for a wonderful future.
• The ability to be discreet and to hide one’s secrets, as well keep one’s head down – be invisible.
• Great potential & good luck, when starting something new.
• New Birth & evolution – transforming your life for the better.
• Imbues the ability to patiently wait, for a pleasant outcome.
• Enables one to face forwards to the future, not backwards to the past.
• Listening to your intuition, before running ahead with a new goal or dream.
• Sensitivity and creativity.
Also, caterpillar’s appearance could imply:
• We’re not changing, or shedding our old life to prepare for new one.
• Someone could be obstructing us, but may not be open about it, therefore we need the ability to see others pragmatically, or as they really are – caterpillar can help with this.
• The acceptance that; when our life changes, it may not be comfortable, or recognisable.
When considering, caterpillar, it’s also worth looking at Butterfly’s spiritual message:
• Transformation and transition, from one life to another.
• Spiritual growth and resurrection.
• The Soul – in some traditions, the sighting of a butterfly signifies the passing of a soul, over to Spirit. It’s said they carry the spirit of the dead to Heaven.
• It can signify the; emergence of happiness and joy in your life, together with life’s celebration. Or, it may be asking you to look for the joy in your life if you’ve misplaced it. We all do, on occasion.
• The cyclical nature of life, similar to the Wheel of Fortune in Tarot – sometimes are lives are ‘up’ and sometimes; they’re ‘down’.
• It’s time to become more spiritually minded – the elevation of our spiritual self.
So next time you’re about to step on a little wiggly creature, ask yourself; what he may be telling you.
Oh, and just a little codicil to this post; today, I rescued 3 wasps. Two were attempting to drown them-selves in the pool, and a 3rd was wandering around the kitchen – I guess, I’d better check to see what they’re here to disclose……as long as it doesn’t come with a sting, even a metaphorical one……
And, should I mention that; a few days ago, I had a dream involving a Tortoise climbing some stairs, whilst wearing a train conductor’s hat…..The start of a children’s story, maybe?
I’m reblogging this post, because I suddenly realised that there is a lot in my life that I’m not taking responsibility for, and that I am allowing other; less-important circumstances to have priority 😦
There are things, that I need to do, or things that I have promised to do, but; I’ve allowed days to pass, or spent time on ‘things’ that are irrelevant, so….. To everyone, that I may have let down, or not contacted, not listened to, or not fulfilled a promise to….I apologise unreservedly, and hopefully; from this second forward, I’ll be a better person 🙂
Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong with me.
It amazes me how many people I know who don’t get this simple concept. Life really is all about you.
Our choices and our reactions to circumstances create the climate of our existence. It is simply a case of cause and effect.
For months now, there has been a seemingly healthy, young man who daily, sits across the street from where I work with a cup out in front of him and begs for money. The first couple of times I saw him there, I helped him out with a fiver or whatever change I had. It was obvious that he was embarrassed to be begging and I felt for his plight.
After seeing him repeatedly begging I asked him what his story was. He told me that he had worked at the local newspaper as a printer but the paper laid…
View original post 355 more words